Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April Showers?

So, it's April! Yipee! It was snowing yesterday night/morning - no lie - and it's sunny and beautiful and warm today! Surprise Surprise, I haven't been able to load new pics of Gavin for a bit. I don't have any today either but I'll share a story anyway. Gavin and I went to the zoo on Saturday, it was really neat. He likes looking at the animals and chasing other kids around. He's a blast. I'm still working a lot and I am extrememly grateful for an amazing daycare. Gavin gets to play with 6-7 other kids that love him and a dog and a great great great lady named Jill. She actually takes the kids out and about almost every day. He's getting the best of every world in my opinion! I got to go out dancing with some girlfriends on Friday night, I'll attach a picture or two so there's more than just words here...It was really fun to hit the town and let loose! I actually had a few sore muscles on Saturday! Gavin is learning how to color, that's been fun. He threw a pen and a pad of paper up into the rocking chair, climbed up, sat down, settled in with the pen and paper, and tried to draw. When he discovered the pen was 'broken' (had the cap on) he threw it on the floor, climbed down, got a different pen, threw it back in the rocking chair, climbed back up, and started over trying to draw. The pen happened to be dried out or he wasn't pushing very hard but it was still fun to watch him be so focused moving about with great determination. I hope you can see it in your minds eye...pretty cute. Anyway, I've got some great vacation plans in the works...planning on hitting Little Rock, Ark for a weekend or so, another weekend in Spokane, over a week in San Diego in August, a week in Monterrey, a weekend in Port Townsend, a weekend on the Oregon Coast...and as many other weekend trips as I possibly can fit in. I'm also house shopping. I've been outbid once and have just moved too slowly on another...but I'm still looking, I figure when it's meant to be, it'll happen. So, here's some pictures Much Love to all...eventually I'll get some zoo pics downloaded ....

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

WOW! A post!! I'd almost given up...no post in March?? I'm so glad Gavin has such a great daycare, that sounds really good. I loved the coloring story--that was really funny. Coloring is so good for them to do--just messy around here with all the crayons they throw on the floor!! :) I'm glad to know you're still alive...and good luck with the house hunting! That's a big move, I hope you find something perfect for you! :) Love ya!