Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things I'm Thinking...

I have been having so many thoughts! I need to take a moment to share some greatness of Gavin.
I sneeze and he says, 'Bless you, Mommy.'
He sneezes and he says, 'Bless me.' and I laugh and say 'Bless you Gavin-son'
I am grateful for an independent child - even at 9:30 when he has decided he's not tired and will come read to me.
I am grateful for a thoughtful child that will let me tuck him in - then come tuck me in - then go back to bed. He's so silly.
I am lucky to have a boy that will remind me with every throw or swing to have my eye on the ball.
I am lucky to have so many rooms to have rules in! No Baseball in Mommy's Room!
I am lucky to have a boy that will say ok mommy room time and let us both enjoy our rooms alone.
Sometimes I have to work at remembering how great my almost 3-year-old is. Most days it's easy to see.

1 comment:

Dug said...

Y'all have been blessed from the day this child was born. I don't like kids generally speaking, but from day one Gavin was special.

You will think these wonderful things your whole life about him.

Well until he totals your new car when he is 17 and blames the dirt road where he rolled it.