Saturday, January 21, 2006

Visit from Grandma


We went back to the doctor on Thursday the 12th because I was afraid something was wrong with little Gavin because he kept spitting up SO much! He had gained back most of his weight and was then 6 lbs and 12 oz. Mom felt relieved. Friday the 13th Grandma came to visit. Boy was I happy to see her! Funny story....I had finished nursing Gavin and he had fallen asleep. Grandma came to change his diaper and get him dressed and asked if he had already been burped. I said, "No, I don't burp him because he doesn't really like that." Grandma gave me a funny look and said that we had to burp him. Funny thing, Gavin hardly ever spits up anymore...hmmmm... burping-a good idea!

My mom stayed for a few days and did everything for me and helped me and Gavin learn lots of stuff. Burping, putting on onesies even though he doesn't like things going over his head, putting him down to do things with two hands and such things were great lessons. Gavin also got introduced to a swing-he really likes it. On Saturday the 14th was Gavin's first trip to the store when he went with his mom and Grandma to Fred Meyer. It was a long trip and he slept almost the whole time. She set me up with meals-we had so much fun-it was really hard to see her go.

No comments: